Monday, November 9, 2009

Wishlisting.

So for the sake of swapping I am posting a wishlist of things I would really like to receive... just to help give some ideas.

- Cloth diapering stuff (I didn't cloth diaper with Q but I would like to at least at home with the new baby, so I pretty much need everything to get me started, including any tips and tricks!)

- Maternity tshirts, short sleeve or long sleeve with cute/funny sayings on them (there are a few on the baby wist here)

- Knit baby Link outfit (I love this thing, it makes me happy) (free pattern here)

- Yarn ball earrings (like the ones made with actual thread/yarn), with either hooks or needles or 1 of each, a necklace/pendant would be awesome too! I love pink (and silver toned findings)!

- Baby Sweaters! (Baby is due in April, so springy/summery sweaters in sizes 0-6mos and then fall/winter sweaters in 6-12mos)

- Mei Tai Carrier or Pouch sling for baby. I have a ring sling (Q hated it), but I would like to try something else.

- Knit (or crocheted or sewn) shrugs! With nice long sleeves to help keep me warm, they work out well with the baby bump (and I tend to run rather warm, being an baby incubator and all). There are a TON of them in my Ravelry favs (rav. name- amystagner)

- Knit socks! I am a sucker for handknit socks, I just love love love them. I usually wear a size 8 in shoes.

- Cute Big Brother/Little ? shirt/onesie set for Q and the new baby. (we find out the sex on Nov. 16th so I will update this then) 0-3 mos size for baby and a 5T size shirt for Q

- Cloth nursing pads (here's a link to an example on etsy)

- Baby cocoon! (There are quite a few on the baby wist as well as in my ravelry favs)

- Totoro Mittens, in pink (free pattern on ravelry)

- Extra Pillowcases for my body pillow (it's HUGE, the 1 pillowcase I have for it measures 19in wide x 47in long), I would prefer one that folds over the top, so it stays in better.

- Reusable snack bags/sandwich wraps (in both girly prints and boyish prints or unisex prints would too, I would like some for myself, but I would also like some to get Q started so I can get a stash of them for when he starts school next year).

- Fleece Pheonix Suns PJ pants (I heart Steve Nash). In the unisex PJ pattern I have, probably Simplicity I wear a size Small, nice and roomy fit).

- Handmade soaps. We have recently let all our pump soaps run out and started using only homemade soaps that I get from swapping, haha. Love it! Not so girly scented soaps work best since we use them in all the bathrooms and at the kitchen sink. Q loves kid soaps too, especially ones with toys in them.

- Playfood for Q's play kitchen would be awesome. Here's a link to the food he has already, though there might be some new items that haven't been included (like the crocheted pie I made him with blueberries and apple slices and 2 crocheted ice cream cones). His favorite foods currently are tortellinis/raviolis, spaghetti (just plain noodles), and waffles. And he informed me today that watermelon is his favorite vegetable, haha.

- Obviously video game ornaments would be awesome (see post before this one for details).

- ART! I have been enjoying collecting art from you amazing swappers/crafters... craft themed art for my craft space (which has 2 magenta walls and white furniture), I would love a cutesy 4 seasons set, videogame/movie/nerdy themed stuff for our TV room (which currently has a Fight Club rules sampler and a Homer Simpson cross stitched piece, both from lovely STSers, that room has yellow walls), or anything with birds, trees, cupcakes/ice cream cones, kitties... oh! and kitcheny themed stuff for my kitchen (I am a small appliance junkie who loves her pink kitchenaid mixer, kitchen will one day be blue with white cabinets and have blues/greens and a little bit a pink mixed in... I am collecting shamrock, peacock and rose colored fiestaware atm)

- Notecards for sending with swap packages. I would prefer small ones without envelopes (even better if they have my craftster username on them).

- I will always be a yarn and fabric junkie, as well as sewing patterns (especially baby/kids ones), and extra wide double fold bias tape.

- I can always use another tape measurer, I have a ton of them and can never find one!

- Craftbooks/magazines (about sewing, crocheting, or knitting) would always be welcome.

As for extra not so crafty things...

- Any book you want to pass on! I am a book nerd and I will read ANYTHING, I am not picky about books, of course I have my favorite genres, but I don't always stick to them. Right now I am on a spy novel kick.

- And of course candy, homemade treats, etc... edible = yay. I am however allergic to aspartame (the artifical sweetner) so if you send something that contains it, it automatically goes to the husband.


WOW, that took WAY too long and seems absurdly long. Hope it's helpful. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment